Friday, 21 Aug 2026
  • My Feed
  • My Interests
  • My Saves
  • History
Subscribe
America Gist
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Sci-Tech

Archives

  • August 2026

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Politics
  • Sci-Tech
  • Sports
  • US
  • World
  • 🔥
  • US
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Sci-Tech
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
Font ResizerAa
America GistAmerica Gist
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Sci-Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
Search
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Sci-Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© An America Gist Network. All Rights Reserved.
Sports

What is behind Arthur Okonkwo's drop in status at Wrexham? We get the lowdown on goalkeeper linked with Charlton Athletic

Dylan Carter
Last updated: August 17, 2026 11:34 am
Dylan Carter
Share
SHARE


Charlton Athletic have been linked with a move for Wrexham goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo amid doubts over the future of Thomas Kaminski.

Addicks manager Nathan Jones did not include Kaminski in his matchday squad for Saturday’s 2-1 win over Derby County on the opening day of the Championship season.

There has been strong speculation that the former Luton Town number one wants to leave the south Londoners.

Arthur Okonkwo lines up a defensive wall against West Brom last season/Picture: Alamy

Jones played a question about interest in Okonkwo with a straight bat at the weekend.

“What we don’t want to do is divulge anything that we are talking about players who are contracted to other teams,” said the Welshman following the victory against the Rams. “I would imagine he is still a big part of what Wrexham do.”

Okonkwo’s name came to the fore after Charlton managing director Jim Rodwell, speaking on last week’s online fan meeting, revealed he had been in touch with Wrexham about a player on Thursday.

“We talk to Wrexham,” said Jones. “I talk to Phil Parkinson and he (Rodwell) speaks to Shaun Harvey, because they are friends. Whether that was a red herring, I don’t know. We know what we need and we know what we want. In the coming weeks we will have to press those buttons.”

Bolton Wanderers have also been credited with an interest in Camden-born Okonkwo.

The 24-year-old came through Arsenal’s youth system. He had loans at Crewe and Sturm Graz before a season-long stay with Wrexham as they finished second in League One in the 2023-24 campaign. He kept 16 clean sheets in all competitions, 14 in the league.

Wrexham signed Okonkwo on a three-year contract after he was released by the Gunners in June 2024.

Okonwko then recorded 19 shutouts as Phil Parkinson’s side made it back-to-back promotions, ending their maiden League One campaign as runners-up to Birmingham City. Wrexham conceded just 33 goals in 46 matches.

The Nigerian international had 10 Championship clean sheets last season – including both matches against Charlton.

So where has it gone wrong for Okonkwo at Wrexham? We decided to get some answers from Andy Gilpin, part of the team who produces the Fearless In Devotion podcast.

Read more

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Trump denies munitions shortages, vows to jail leakers; Israeli settler charged with killing Palestinian; Senate holds Fauci in contempt
Next Article Douglas Murray: The Tragedy of Jason Arday. Plus. . .
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

Sports

'He's a player that we've monitored for a long time' – Charlton Athletic secure try-before-you-buy deal for Timothy Ouma

By Dylan Carter
Sports

Jeanie Buss Isn't Going Down Without A Fight

By Dylan Carter
Sports

'Beating Arsenal at Highbury was the ultimate highlight' – Mark Fish on his Charlton Athletic career, early retirement due to injury and hoping another South African star graces Valley turf

By Dylan Carter
Sports

South London Sport: Charlton Athletic Edition chats transfer window latest, whether West Ham United are ripe for a derby defeat and Mike Bailey’s sad passing

By Dylan Carter
America Gist
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


Stay updated with the latest US news, breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, technology, and trending stories from across America. AmericaGist delivers timely, engaging, and reliable news you can trust.

Top Categories
  • World
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Sports
Usefull Links
  • Advertise with US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Submit a Tip
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© An America Gist Network. All Rights Reserved.

© An America Gist Network. RAll Rights Reserved.
  • Advertise
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username
Password

Lost your password?